Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day Card

I was hoping to have this posted sooner but oh well.  Here is the card I made for my hubby for Father's Day.

I used paper from the DCWV Cotten Blend stack.

Thursday, June 16, 2011


Here is my latest creation.  This layout is the result of the papers supplied by the very generous Salem Craft Warehouse scrap club and a sketch challenge I participated in for I was excited when I chose this set of papers because I knew I had some pictures of my family kite flying that I hadn't used yet.  Though then I realized that the kite was a totally different color scheme.  Luckily, there were some pictures of my daughter reaching for the soaring kite and it worked well for this layout. 

Here's the sketch.

Here's my layout.

Thanks for looking.
   ~ Michelle ~

Monday, June 6, 2011

SF Art

I recently came across a challenge on, the My Scraps and More's Got Talent.  This is an 8 week challenge that started with the first challenge this week (well June 3rd to be exact).  There is a new challenge each Friday and you have until midnight Thursday to post your layout and continue on in the contest.  This weeks challenge was a color challenge that was to include glimmer mist or distressing as well.  Here's what I came up with.

My layout started with yellow card stock and I sprayed with a yellow / orange and a tinge of red glimmer mist.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist .  I really wanted the focus to be on the picture so I stayed with minimal embellishments including zippers and a clear acrylic piece I've had in my stash for awhile.  I also used some orange floss to add a bit of texture (Thanks to Jennifer Evans for the idea). 

Friday, June 3, 2011

Carousel Center Pieces

My youngest daughter is turning 1 in a week.  I've been working on center pieces to compliment the party scene.  Here are two center pieces I've completed.  I found the template for the carousel at canon creative park ( ) where you are actually supposed to print the template in color on photo paper and you then cut an assemble the pieces.  I cut the pattern after attaching it to the paper I wanted to use.  The assembly went smoothly the first time so I made a second one.  These actually turn and the animals go up and down as it turns.  This is my first attempt at something like this and I'm pleased with the results.  May have to try more some time.