Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fairy Party

Hey everyone, today I want to share something a little different with you.  My oldest turned 6 recently and we celebrated with a fairy / princess party.  So here are a few of the elements of the party.
Fairy Lights
To make these "fairy lights" I simply tied strips of tulle to create sort of a tulle flower, about 6 strips per flower.  The color scheme was pink, green and purple. 
Fairy Pinata
This piñata was simple to make once I found the base I wanted to use.  I saw a similar piñata on pinterest and was trying to make something similar.  I found a set of round paper lanterns on clearance at Target.  So this ended up only costing me about $5 to make with the lantern, dollar store flower petals that I hot glued on and then dollar store flower bunches that I separated into smaller bunches.
Fairy Cake
The base is a 10" round cake with fondant and butter cream.
The top cake is one of those giant cupcake pans.  I just left the base without icing to make it look like a tree.
Everything on this cake is edible, the fairies are made from fondant too. 
Thanks for looking!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Clean acrylic with the Best Cleaner EVer

Good Morning, today I wanted to share with you a quick and easy way to clean up a piece of acrylic.  You can find all the details on the ScraPerfect blog, but I'll share my tips here too.
Here's the acrylic piece from Clear Scraps that I wanted to use.  I didn't like how it turned out the first attempt so I removed the paper and stickers and started over.  But first I had to clean the acrylic.

A little spritz of the Best Cleaner Ever from ScraPerfect and a little rub on both sides.  Let sit for several minutes and wipe clean with a soft cloth like the Perfect Cleaning Cloth.

Looks good as new and I was able to create something new with it.
For more details click here.
Thanks for looking!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Bouquet

Happy Valentine's Day!!  I created this paper flower bouquet to share with you today.
The flowers are die cut and assembled using the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect.  For the stems I covered straws with washi tape and attached them to the flowers.  For more details and a brief tutorial on how to create custom glue spots using the Best Glue Ever, check out the ScraPerfect blog here.
Thanks for looking!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Wreath

The other day while at target I was inspired by a Valentine's wreath I saw.  It was several red and pink metal rings attached but overlapping each other and a row of felt flowers and hearts across the bottom.  I wanted to create a similar look without the cost and this is what I came up with.
I wrapped several sizes of hoop rings with red and pink ribbon.  For the outside ring I used the outer portion of the ring to use as a hook for hanging the wreath.  Then I hot glued the rings to each other. 
I die cut felt flowers, layered them and attached decorative buttons for the flower centers. 
Thanks for looking!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Black With 2 February Challenge

Well January just flew by, but the good news is that means there is a new challenge up on the Black With 2 blog.  Check out this awesome inspiration board for February. 
Here's my take on the inspiration board.
I embossed the magenta colored cardstock with my big shot since I didn't have any patterned paper that worked for this challenge, I created my own by embossing it. 
Here's a closer look at the flower cluster.  Check out all the design team inspiration and more at the Black With 2 challenge blog.
Thanks for looking!