Saturday, July 6, 2013

Project Life Layout

I've been hearing a lot about Becky Higgen's Project Life lately.  The little I new about it, I really didn't think it was for me.  I love the creative process of making a layout and picking out premade coordinating cards and sliding them into pockets takes most of the creativeness out of it.  But then I attended a demo at Craft Warehouse during one of their scrap club meetings and let me tell you, my outlook changed.  Jeanean Brown did an excellent demonstration of how basic Project Life can be and how you can incorporate the creative aspects of scrapbooking to make quick and easy layouts. 
 
Each month for club we are given a challenge to create a page using at least a piece of everything provided.  This month's challenge was to create a Project Life layout.  Everyone received one page protector, a Project Life pen and five cards (we got to choose our own).  Here's my very first Project Life layout.
 
 

 
I selected cards from two different kits and I added a variety of things to the different cards.  The top left, I added ribbon, brads and pins.  The pink flowers on the left middle section is a rub-on.  I added acrylic flowers to the "Love This" card and the butterflies are actually attached to the outside of the page protector.  I really enjoyed creating this spread and I love how quickly it all came together.  It helped that I had pictures that worked with the paper. 
 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment