Sunday, August 18, 2013

Alora Rosette Wreath

I shared this wreath awhile back, but had to remove the post for a period as it was sent out for publication in Northridge publishing's Simply Handmade magazine.  I was so excited when I received the email requesting my wreath to be featured, it was my first time being published!
 
 
All the instructions for the wreath can be found in the March issue of Simply Handmade - Parties, but I'll share a quick tut with you here too.  I used the Tim Holtz rosette dies in large, medium and small and made a bunch in all different sizes, make extra so you have a good assortment to work with when creating your wreath.  Here I used 8 large, 8 medium and 8 small and layered them around a circle cut from chipboard.  I used a plate as my template, but any round shape will work.  Then I fussy cut the flowers to dangle in the center, 2 of each style, then add a brad to the center of all, attach a string in the middle and sandwich between the two sides of the flowers.  Attach to the chipboard base and dangle in the center. 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 

2 comments:

  1. michelle thats beautiful ...love that tim holtz die its one of my favs

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome news! so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete