Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fairy Party

Hey everyone, today I want to share something a little different with you.  My oldest turned 6 recently and we celebrated with a fairy / princess party.  So here are a few of the elements of the party.
 
Fairy Lights
 
 
To make these "fairy lights" I simply tied strips of tulle to create sort of a tulle flower, about 6 strips per flower.  The color scheme was pink, green and purple. 
 
Fairy Pinata
 
 
This piñata was simple to make once I found the base I wanted to use.  I saw a similar piñata on pinterest and was trying to make something similar.  I found a set of round paper lanterns on clearance at Target.  So this ended up only costing me about $5 to make with the lantern, dollar store flower petals that I hot glued on and then dollar store flower bunches that I separated into smaller bunches.
 
Fairy Cake
 
 
The base is a 10" round cake with fondant and butter cream.
 
 
The top cake is one of those giant cupcake pans.  I just left the base without icing to make it look like a tree.
 
 
Everything on this cake is edible, the fairies are made from fondant too. 
 
 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment