I made three files in addition to the original we made in class. Today I will be sharing the first of these with you.
I started by sewing the smaller file inside the larger file. This was a challenge since I'm not a sewer. Once that was done I started work on the cover. For this cover I used a Spellbinders Rose Creatioins flower die. Each flower has a brad for the center, for the larger brads I used my I-top tool to make coordinating brads. Then I simply layered the flowers over and around the tag and added the word sticker delight. I used my fingers to pinch the petals up to add some dimension.
This is the first page on the inside. I trimmed down a small file to fit the inside and topped it with one of the three cards we made in Jennifer Evans' class.
This is the inside what you see when you open that small file. So you can add photos to the inside of the file and to the inside of the card.
Here I covered some chipboard banner pieces from Maya Roads with patterned paper. Attach some embroidery floss to the back and tie some knots between each banner piece and you have a fun coordinating banner.
On the next page I used the extra top piece to the pocket card that we made in the card class. I didn't want to waste it so I used it on this page. It is a bottem less pocket, so you could attach something or slide something through it.
And here's the pocket card. This particular card is not my design but it makes a great addition to this file album. Jennifer Evans made this one for us to make it class, but she got the idea from the talented Jamie Pate who is on the Heidi Swapp media team with Jennifer.
Here's a glimps of the inside of the pocket card.
Back side of the small file insert. I used all scraps on this page, with the exception of the scallop border and the epoxy stickers.
The original memory file we created in our class contained an insert that had some plastic sleeves in them and multiple tiered layers to add photos and journaling to. Definately a great way to add a lot in a small space. I loved the idea but only found one pattern available, so I picked up some 12 x 12 sheets and made my own with the use of a couple tools.
All you need to make a tiered insert like this is a paper trimmer, a scoring tool, a decorative border punch and a strong adhesive like scor-tape.
This is one of three memory files I created, stay tuned for the others soon.
Thanks for looking ~ Michelle