Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Challenge - You Are... Layout

Wow, April is here already!  Do you do anything fun on April Fools Day?  I don't, kind of boring that way.  Oh well, I do have something to share that isn't so boring.  The latest challenge is up over at Black With 2.  Last month BW2 had a record number of entries, and there were some truly amazing layouts shared.  I can't wait to see what everyone creates with April's challenge.

April Inspiration Board - 


And here is my take on this challenge.


  This is one of those layouts where I really felt that less was more.  I used a punch to create the circle doily shape from green cardstock.  I love how it pops off the black.  Notice how my journaling isn't perfect?  I often mess up my journaling, that may be why I don't like to include it.  I'm a terrible speller and I often mess up when I'm writing, plus I don't like my handwriting.  But, it is mine and it is part of what my layouts special to me and my family and part of the art that it is.  Don't be afraid to journal, even if you think you'll mess up.  The stories that go with the pictures are just as important to them memories.

Thanks for looking!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment