Friday, August 3, 2012

Craft Warehouse DT Assignment 5

Our 5th design team assigment for Craft Warehouse was using Echo Parks Note To Self line.  Now, this is not a line that I would likely buy, but I loved playing with this paper. 

The first layout we were required to use the view finder paper in some way, a vinyl rub on and the wood vaneer shapes.  I originally thought to make a flower out of the view finders but ended up in a different direction and just layered them with other papers.  I chose the blue card stock for the base because it added some color and made everything else stand out.  The key is the vinyl rub on that I placed on a sticker and attached with a pop up adhesive.  I also used pop up adhesive on part of the journaling, I actually messed up on one of the words and tada a happy accident.  



I had some pictures from a trip to the coast that I would work nicely with this line.  So for the second layout I really wanted to create the look of waves and the beach with the paper.  One of the patterns was a corkboard so I used that for the sand and layered the blue waves above it.  I traced a small plate on a scratch piece of paper to get the pattern for the wave.  I created a fringed sun using one of the view finder pieces and spraying with glimmer mist.  The flowers are stickers but I adhered with pop up adhesive.  For the title area I tried to include a variety of pieces so I took the sticker that said "together time" and cut it in half so I could rearange the words.  And I wanted to incorporate the piece that listed the month and date on it so I placed it right below the title. 



The center photo is a pocket with a sentiment tucked in it. 




Be sure to check back soon for the third part of this assignment.

Thanks for looking ~ Michelle ~

No comments:

Post a Comment