Thursday, August 9, 2012

Craft Warehouse DT Assignment 6

Well with this post I'm sharing the last 3 projects for the 2011 Craft Warehouse Design Team.  What a great experience this has been, I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it. 

We were given three very different assignments, the first was to create an altered canvas featuring a set of 4" alphabet stamps provided.  Here's what I came up with.

We were asked to use the a canvas flower and shapes, the burlap ribbon and shapes, a clothes pin, Tim Holtz distress stain and restist paper.  My first step was using the distress stain on the resist paper, I chose one with butterflies and dragonflies on it.  Once it was dry I fussy cut the ones I wanted to use.  The distress stain I received was aged mahogany, a brick red color.  I used this for my inspiration for color for the project.  I stamped the word hope with the stamps and a combination of red, white and black paint to create a marbled look with the letters.  I then used the same paint combo and distressed the edges of the black canvas flower to create a little pop.  The shapes I received were pennants which I used as accents under the flower.  I wanted to do something different with the clothes pin so I decided to take it apart and just use it as an accent. 

The next part of the assignment was a Disney themed layout.  Each DT member received 1 of 3 possible themes, Mickey/Disney, Winnie the Pooh or Princess.  I was so excited to receive the princess line as I have two little girls who are very into princess's right now. 

I actually had the girls dress up and have a tea party to get these photos.  I wanted to show a way to use the actually princess's that were printed on the paper I received.  There are often times I see cute papers like these and think how would you use that?  So I fussy cut around the two princess, leaving some of the background to use as part of the embellishements. 

We were given washi tape to use in someway on the layout, I covered squares of patterned paper with the washi tape and create the little rosettes to add dimension to the rosettes on the paper by Sleeping Beauty. 

We were also given baker's twine to use.   For this I took a pop dot and coiled teh baker's twine around it to create a one of a kind embellishment.  It's a fun way to use baker's twine and would make for a great candy or lollypop too.

The final part of the assignment was to create anything we wanted with the mini Echo Park kit we received.  I got the 4th of July kit and thought it would be fun to create a wreath.

I really loved how this turned out.  I cut strips of the patterned paper and die cut them with the Tim Holtz rosette dies, large, medium and small.  Then I just layered them on a base that I cut from chipboard.  The stars and banner were all stickers that came with the kit.  I love the look and will definately be making another one of these soon. 

Thanks for looking ~ Michelle ~

No comments:

Post a Comment