Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Craft Warehouse DT Assignment 5 (continued)


For the third part of our assignment we were asked to alter either a journal or a box with note paper.  I ended up altering the box.  for this assignment I used the stencil required and the wood vaneer embellishments. 


I placed the stencil on the front of the box and applied black ink over the portion I was using with a sponge.  I then used the sponge to distress all the edges with the black ink as well.  Then I simply layered some paper and a sentiment.  I fussy cut the scallop & view finder from the pattern paper.  I added a couple stickers from the collection and a few wood vaneer stars that I covered with black ink.


Next I covered the sides and back with the red and white polka dot paper to add a little color.


I finished the inside of the box lid with more red and white paper and the fun paper that the alphabet listed several times including sign language.  I thought this was a nice fit for a box that holds note paper.  The arrows are different color stickers from the set that I covered with black ink.


My final step was embellishing the top sheet of paper.  I added a small strip of patterned paper, and a house shaped wood vaneer piece, again covered with black ink. 

That's it for now.  Thanks for looking ~ Michelle ~





No comments:

Post a Comment